It’s time for New Years resolutions, as a busy blogger sometimes the best intentions can fall by the wayside.
Here’s 20 New Years resolutions that are achievable for the busy blogger. Even if you only choose to do one of the resolutions below it’s still a step forward for your blog in 2019.
Related: 2019 Planner for the busy blogger
- Plan your blog posts – even planning your blog posts for the month ahead can be a huge time saver.
- Choose a monthly content theme to help with your post planning.
- Schedule your tweets – a resolution to schedule your tweets and drive some traffic is a blog boosting strategy.
- Update your Media Kit – New Year, time for an update.
- Choose some courses to complete and improve as a blogger.
Try something new
- Approach another blogger about Guest Posting.
- Try a new experience within your niche to blog about.
- Make more blogger friends.
- Blog somewhere different once a week – a cafe or a local park.
- Set some clear goals for the month and year.
Up your game
- Set some goals – make them achievable but push yourself at the same time.
- Commit to upping your game in a particular area this year (my area is photography).
- Take a class and learn something new so you can blog about it with authority.
- Invest in something for your blog you haven’t done already – this could be self hosting or tailwind, anything that will help you achieve your goals.
- Create something and monetise it – this could be your first course, E-book or preset pack.
Promote like never before
- Develop a promotion plan for your blog.
- Always schedule posts, tweets and pins in advance.
- Self-promote by approaching brands and letting them know about your great blog.
- Spend 1 hour per week commenting on other blogs.
- Promote using a different platform – it might be Pinterest or Twitter – perfect your strategy and watch the traffic roll in